New Product Development Chef
At COOK we make remarkable food for your freezer at our kitchen in Kent. We’re market
leaders and (more importantly) our food tastes incredible. We have over 80 shops and a rapidly
growing online business.
- We’re independent (family-owned) and always will be because it allows us to do things the right way, not the fast way.
- We believe in business as a force for good in society and have certified as one of the UK’s first B Corporations to help us measure what matters when it comes to our impact on our environment, our people and our community.
- We came 28th in the recent Sunday Times best companies to work for, with a special award for Developing Potential. We like to think we’re a good bunch.
- We share 5% of our annual profits with staff.
About the role
Reporting into a Category Manager you will be working closely with the Commercial, Operational, Marketing and Procurement teams in delivering an Innovative product development calendar. Through product, ingredient, packaging and process development you will drive new opportunities that can enhance our product offering and broaden our existing customer base to deliver strong like for like growth..
We take immense pride and care in the work we produce and are constantly striving for new ways to engage and delight our customers – they are at the heart of everything we do.
This is a fantastic role allowing a Chef with food manufacturing experience the chance to design and launch products within our own retail channel and for our various concession customers . With a commercial and practical focus on what is feasible when scaling up within an industrial kitchen, this Development Chef position will permit you to be as creative as possible whilst using your commercial acumen. We want a Chef that goes further in researching and discovering the latest flavour profiles, new ingredients and food trends within the UK especially within our key markets.
• Excellent innovation skills across various cuisines.
• A strong influencer.
• Remarkable and ethical food values.
• Ability to balance innovation and creation, with commercial practicalities
•Chilled or frozen food manufacturing experience