Ingredients Product Manager
Ingredients Product Manager
Natures Way Foods (NWF) is a leading manufacturer of fresh convenient food. We supply prepared salads, prepared fruit, coleslaw and potato salad, dressed salads, and fresh food to go products to some of the UK's largest supermarket and foodservice companies. We have three manufacturing sites on the beautiful South Coast with a fourth opening early next year. Our business serves the Top 4 supermarkets as well as major brands in the food service sector.
We are a privately owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We've grown substantially over the last 22 years, currently employing nearly 1200 permanent staff and we have ambitious plans to continue on a journey to becoming a £250 million business. We are looking for ambitious industry experts to join us.
We currently have an opportunity for a Product Manager to join our Supply Chain team. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the quality and supply chain viability of raw ingredients within the business and deliver a clear robust supply strategy in correspondence with company growth aspirations.
- Management and development of the Ingredients product base
- Supporting product categories within the business
- Act as a raw ingredients expert to the business
- Work closely with the purchasing team to ensure the best value chain
- Maintain adherence to specification of procured products.
- Proactively communicate product issues with suppliers and internally within NWF.
- Manage grower availability's closely against NWF'S demand up to two weeks out
- Conduct monthly supplier performance reviews based on mutually agreed KPIs. Improve in existing key NWF/Grower relationships
- Identify and deliver improvement opportunities within the supply base, developing ways to improve key metrics with suppliers
- Ensure continuity of supply is maintained
Key knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of Food Technology and NPD Process
- Ideally a Food Science, Food Technology or Technical Quality background
- Strong, assertive, resilient and confident
- Engaging, positive and able to work collaboratively cross functionally
- Pragmatic and acts with honesty and integrity
- Works with pace whilst remaining quality focused
- Structured and organised
- Focused and able to influence and negotiate others to drive change
- Able to set your own Daily/weekly priorities
- Inquisitive and solutions focused
- Willingness to travel
- Written and spoken English
- Full Driving license
Why should you work for Natures Way Foods?
We're rapidly growing even in a challenging marketplace, we've expanded our product ranges and now work with the Top 4 retailers and a diverse range of Food Service customers.
Growth means opportunity, for the business and for our employees. We take career development seriously and offer fantastic opportunities for progression and personal growth.
We really look after our people. In 2016 we've invested back in the business in order to expand our training and development offering to ensure we can attract and maintain the best talent If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, think about Natures Way Foods.
Join us and you'll not only find this a brilliant place to work, but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
25 days holiday per annum
Company pension and bonus scheme
Life Assurance Policy
Employee Assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: 40 hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:30