Head of Indirect Tax, Food Manufacturing
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
One of our most significant clients has recently engaged Focus Management International on a business critical, exclusive senior finance opportunity.
As the GCC region considers the IMF's corporate taxation advice and also due to the increased growth into tax mature geographies such as Europe, South Africa and the APAC region our client has taken the initiative to bring a taxation expert to oversee VAT and other indirect tax implications (including customs duty).
The Head - Indirect Tax will be a regional head office based role and report directly into the Group Financial Director and will be responsible for facilitating the group's strategic tax planning activities as well as pro actively identifying and mitigating all tax risks to the company.
To be considered for this role you must have a professional accounting/ tax qualification (CA/ CPA/ ACCA or equivalent), 10-15 years of relevant experience (at least three at a managerial/ head level) of handling VAT and other indirect tax matters in FMCG MNC's or Big Four audit firms.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Domain expert knowledge of VAT and other applicable indirect tax laws. Excellent research skills.
- Business support through technical and commercial inputs; ability to understand businesses operations and processes from indirect tax perspective.
- Ability to lead/add value to cross functional initiatives.
- Hands on exposure to Oracle, SAP or other major ERP for effective tax compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership on Indirect Tax matters. Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact with Board/Senior Management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
Our client is looking to secure the right candidate in time for business activity in Q4. Professionals based in Europe, South Africa, Australia or the USA are particularly encouraged to apply (due to significant business growth opportunities within these regions).
We expect to be shortlisting for this Head - Indirect Tax position within a short time period so don't delay in applying today!
REF. JFE50091 By James Everall
Get to know James on our people page James Everall
Follow Focus Management International on Twitter @Focusmgtint
Focus Management International, Tel: 00971 (0) 4552 0606
Apply for Head of Indirect Tax, Food Manufacturing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly