Production Shift Manager
Chef in a Box is an established and growing sandwich business, focused on offering a first class service to our customers. We are looking urgently to recruit hands-on Production Shift Managers (s) to improve efficiency and productivity on a fulltime, permanent basis at our modern food production site in Slough.
Based on the production floor and working on a shift basis, the Production Shift Manager(s) is responsible for ensuring that all production lines are working efficiently and that all customer orders are executed on time, in full and to a high quality standard.
- Ensuring that Line Leaders and Operatives are trained for all tasks and procedures.
- Ensuring that teams always work to Health, Safety and Quality standards
- Making sure that all products are processed in compliance with orders, specifications and deadlines whist ensuring the quality of finished products
- Carrying our quality inspections which include maintaining production areas to established BRC standards
- Working closely with the Production Manager to ensure that production and operational targets are achieved
- Good managerial skills
- Previous experience of working within a food production environment ideally high risk chilled products
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Target driven and focused on achieving results with minimal errors
- Self-motivated team player with clear communication skills, able to command respect
- Computer literate
- Production awareness to include problem solving, coaching, knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
What's in it for you?
As a Production Shift Manager you will be joining an expanding company who offer career progression, personal development plans and a good working environment.
The production working hours are 5 days out of 7, broadly 10:00am – finish (flexibility required), managed within the production team.