Product Developer - Bakery, Food Manufacturing, West Midlands
Great opportunity for a food graduate with a year's industry experience or an experienced development technologist looking to work with bakery products.
My client is a successful global bakery business with various sites. The UK business has experienced growth in recent years and has further expansion in the pipeline. The factory in the Midlands employs around 50 people and produces a range of bakery products such as; cookies, cinnamon buns, brioche, shortbread and macaroons for the major retailers including Tesco and other clients including Pret and Starbucks.
Our client is looking to expand its Development team in the Midlands which currently consists of an Innovations Manager, Product Developer and Development graduate with a further Product Developer.
The role will involve managing various accounts and numerous projects at any one time, EPD and NPD.
You will be involved in the process right from developing products in the test kitchen to scaling them up in production.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being fully aware of the category and trends insight
- Sensory evaluation of competitor and new product samples
- Completing the necessary internal and external paperwork for presentations
- Managing your own time ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget
Key to delivering your projects will be working closely with your customer - National Account Manager, Technical Account Manager and Concept to Launch team, ensuring all steps are clearly communicated.
To apply you must have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in food
- Ideally a years industry experience in product development developing food products from concept to launch
- Good understanding of recipe formulation
- Customer focused
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player
- Flexible with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to self-motivate and a self-starter
My client is looking to employ someone asap so call today for further information or email in your CV.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. NCM13679 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778