Hygiene Section Leader, Food Manufacturing, Lincolnshire
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hygiene Team Leader to join a successful chilled food manufacturer based in Lincolnshire.
Our client is part of a large food manufacturing group producing a range of innovative chilled food products for the major retailers.
Reporting into the site Hygiene Manager your role will be to manage up to 30 Hygiene Operatives operating across a seven day shift, ensuring the optimal utilisation of plant, materials and people to achieve set objectives and hygiene schedules. You will also be accountable for Health & Safety and personnel issues ensuring an efficiently run operation, be responsible for assigned budgets and control as necessary. The site is extremely fast-paced and runs 24/7 seven days a week.
Day-to-day accountability's will involve
- Encouraging a safe working environment for all employees in the area
- Supporting and enforcing standards as set out in the Group Health and Safety policy
- Lead by example by ensuring established standards of hygiene, quality and safety are met
- Ensuring the team are performing to quality standards
- Ensuring shift audits are carried out daily and necessary action taken.
- Managing performance and attendance including first level formal written disciplinary action, performance review, absence management (as well as return to work procedures)
- Coaching and training Operatives and Team Leaders in all aspects, including health and safety standards
- Ensure mechanisms are in place and supported to provide effective communication across the board
As the Hygiene Team Leader you will also work with other departments to identify / investigate and resolve hygiene issues. It will be important to drive forward new technologies of a class leading hygiene department.
The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs within the area through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. You will also deliver optimal utilisation of resources to ensure the cleaning schedule is followed and work carried out effectively and efficiently.
To apply you will need the following;
- Experience of managing and motivating teams
- Experience in chemical use and handling
- Computer literate
- A logical and clear thinking approach particularly under pressure
- To be able to demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
- Previous experience in a Supervisory/Management position
- An understanding of the profit and loss account and the key drivers of variances linked to the department, i.e. chemical usage
- Advanced Food Hygiene
Apply today for further information
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. NCM13677 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778