2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: Days, 4on 4off (average 42 hours per week), 6.00am to 6.30pm or 6.30am to 7pm. Flexibility is key as may be required to work additional hours and / or change to nights at short notice to cover peak periods.
A valid / up to date FLT licence and driving license are essential requirements for this role.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To assist in delivering an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans. Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation on a day to day basis. Act in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Procedures.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that pallet trucks are maintained and checked every day in accordance with related SOP’s.
- Ensure that stock products have a label with correct amount on the pallet, and correct consignment; all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Adhere and promote the Company’s clean as you go policy at all times.
- Ensure that Company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to.
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required.
- Ensure store space is utilised efficiently.
- Act accordingly with the sites Health & Safety culture. Ensure standards are achieved at all times.
- Understanding the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and how the daily SOP’s contribute towards them.
- Understand the computer aspect of the roll with regards to printing of delivery notes, checking direct mail volumes.
- Ensure that the RFID compliance is met within the supply chain (PAV scanning)
- Follow procedures for intake protocols and abide by company policies at all times.
- Unload and confirm arrival quantities against expected consignment reports and liaise with Quality Control and supply chain teams.
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork.
- Ensure products are scanned and located correctly to the stores using the WMS.
- Assist in preparation of the stores for on-site efficiency.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Up to date MHE certificate (Counter Balance, Flexi or PPT).
Apply for Warehouse Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly