The Training Department at Melton Foods are currently recruiting for a Training Officer. The purpose of the role is to audit and validate all training within the bakery to ensure compliance and competence across all departments. The key responsibilities will include:
- ensuring that all departments are trained against current SOP’s and SSOW’s by monitoring and reporting on site training matrix / database
- auditing and validating through structured documentation, the quality of training within each department; checking competence and approving employees to carry out specific tasks
- conducting departmental orientation, induction and basic task training
- maintaining the training records and ensuring they contain the most up to date information
- working with the Training Manager and bakery coaches to implement training for new processes, equipment and legislation
- working with the Health and Safety Manager to take into consideration safe systems of work
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- An auditing and/or training qualification or a willingness to work towards these
- Experience working within a food manufacturing environment, preferably with skills such as machine minding or operation.
- Good working knowledge of food manufacturing preferably in a chilled environment
- Understanding of SOP’s and/or Safe systems of work.