Senior Development Chef
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1.2 billion. Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 7 in the United States, we employ more than 11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go is the UK's leading sandwich manufacturer. It also produces prepared salads and sushi out of its six state-of-the-art facilities in Manton Wood, Nottinghamshire; Northampton, Bow and Park Royal in London, Crosby in Merseyside as well as Spalding in Lincolnshire. Greencore produces more than 400 million sandwiches each year and supplies food to go products to the majority of the UK's retailers.
Greencore Food to Go Northampton is undergoing unprecedented growth with over £30 Million invested in our site. The end result of this is that we're doubling capacity of one of our three factories and are in the final stages of building a fourth to open this year. Greencore always look to put people at the core, and at Northampton our Learning and Development team have delivered well over 30,000 hours of training in the past year alone. We offer a clear and well defined career path and will actively look at how we can enable our colleagues to push themselves forward.
If you're creative, passionate and have a flair for innovation we could have the role for you.
Greencore Northampton are looking for a Senior Development Chef to join us here on site. You'll be tasked to lead and inspire the kitchen team to develop new and existing product concepts to meet internal and external briefs for our ranges with M&S.
- Develop, in line with customer requirements, product opportunities within the business unit(s)
- Provide creative food leadership, for own discipline, challenging and pushing boundaries of conventional development to deliver differentiated products
- Provide expertise and information, to the immediate and broader business, to better the food values.
- Maintain kitchen practices to ensure adherence to company and legislative procedures.
- Deliver kitchen activities aligned with the product development, marketing and commercial teams to deliver the product development strategy
- Prioritise kitchen activity to achieve stage gate deadlines
- Lead the kitchen team to ensure that across the business unit people are engaged, focussed and delivering their potential
- Building and developing relationships with key customer contacts to drive the development of market leading products
Skills & Experience
- Good food skills in a given discipline as demonstrated by;
- PowerPoint and Presentation Skills