Line Controller - Line Manager - DAYS
Greencore Food to Go are the UK's leading sandwich maker. We also produce prepared salads and sushi out our six state-of-the-art facilities in Manton Wood, Nottinghamshire; Northampton, Bow and Park Royal in London, Crosby in Merseyside as well as Spalding in Lincolnshire.
Greencore Group plc is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods with an annual turnover in excess of £1.3 Billion and over 10,000 employees globally.
A FTSE 250 Company supplying 3500 products across 20 categories with a total of 22 Manufacturing sites in the UK, US and Ireland we are the Worlds largest sandwich maker.
We have a passion for great food, world class business processes and talented people. We are looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too. We do this by combining a passion for great food, an effective business system, efficient cost control and exceptional people in an approach we call The Greencore Way.
Interested in joining a company that offers fantastic career opportunities and has people at the core? Want to be paid weekly for a permanent job?
We are currently recruiting for Line Controllers/Line Managers to join us at our Manton Wood "Food to Go" Production Facility.
Your key focus will be to control a food production line and manage a team of up to 30 operatives to ensure products are consistently prepared to company standards and within the agreed production plan.
Working 5 days per week starting at approx 5.30am - Monday to Friday
* To ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with health and safety policies, procedures and legislation.
* To ensure the hygiene of your team, machinery and working areas meets the sites hygiene standards at all times.
* To co-ordinate the transfer and correct use of materials from preparation, ensuring traceability is maintained at all times.
* To adhere to the product specification all times to manufacture quality products efficiently and within time and quantity parameters.
* To drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines (i.e. Units Per Man hour) using tools such as 5s, performance boards, SOPs etc
* Accurately and timely complete all required documentation to enable clear traceability.
* To communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
* To monitor and action all waste control initiatives.
* To manage, coach, and develop all direct reports, training colleagues against SOPs and dealing with HR issues as they arise
* To conduct job rotation to reduce health and safety risks and to multi skill team.
* To ensure 100% completion of daily rituals.
* To attend internal and external taste panels as and when required.
* To drive Lean/continuous improvement projects initiated from KPIs, encouraging colleagues to challenge the status quo using problem solving tools such as 5 why and A3
Skills & Experience
Knowledge of role and SHQQC
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Leadership - coaching and developing
Planning and organising