Continuous Improvement Technologist
Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Continuous Improvement Technologist career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
Continuous Improvement Technologist - About us
Bradgate Bakery is a fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Continuous Improvement Technologist - The Role
The successful Continuous Improvement Technologist will play a critical role co-ordinating and delivering product and process improvements to within the business. Key responsibilities will include;
- Plan, organise and carry out trials on improvement to existing products and new raw materials ensuring all aspects of the product are acceptable and can be manufactured in line with the business expectations
- Support trials and implementation of Profit Improvement Plan initiatives raised within the business
- Ensure all relevant data is collected, documented and communicated throughout all trial processes
- Liaise with suppliers of new and improved raw materials to ensure all relevant processing and technical data is available
- Ensure open communication channels are in place to feedback timelines and progress on projects to all relevant functions
- Co-ordinate and chair improvement meetings
Continuous Improvement Technologist - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline with Food safety / HACCP certifications
- Experienced gained in a technical role from within chilled food manufacturing (Process Development experience would also be highly desirable)
- Shelf life sampling and data analysis and interpretation experience
- Project management experience with proven ability to handle multiple projects within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills
- Driven, career motivated, persuasive and assertive. A self-starter who has a proactive & independent approach to working
- Highly numerate & literate, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (able to create spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, V & H look ups, macros) and good working knowledge of packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Full driving licence with the willingness to work flexibly
Continuous Improvement Technologist - Working Hours
This is a full time, permanent position, 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
Continuous Improvement Technologist - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving.
Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!