Warehouse Resource Planner
Warehouse Resource Planner
Salary £30K / Location Waltham Cross
We are currently working on behalf of a leading UK distributor of fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy and cheese to the foodservice sector. They are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Resource Planner. This is a newly created role that will take responsibility for reviewing all current processes and operations in regard to staff planning and rostas. To apply, you MUST have previous experience in a similar role.
The role will be to plan for the warehouse operation, to meet existing and future workload demands. You will be identifying and arranging appropriate resources to be available by pro-actively planning work schedules such that all warehousing functions within the operation are sufficiently staffed to enable optimal performance across all functions. You will work proactively to balance warehouse cost drivers to achieve the optimal result, from both a cost and service perspective. You will work closely with the Operation Managers to provide the required service to the Business, across all shifts; am, mid & pm; totalling some 330 warehouse staff on a 24/7 basis.
Duties will include but not limited to:
Design, deliver and evaluate innovative and high quality rota planning systems/tools and process interventions to facilitate and drive operational performance and efficiency
Support the attainment of the required sections performance criteria and cost efficiency through the effective planning and organisation of the warehouse by placing colleagues at the core of the business
- To work with the business to create effective labour plans for each warehouse function on a 24/7 operation
- Work with operational teams to produce and review all warehouse colleagues rosters in line with operational SLA’s and forecasts
- Manage team member holiday requests in line with resource plans
- Review and adjust the resource requirements according to warehouse absence, forecast adjustments, customer requirements, new business etc.
- Track and monitor daily labour variances and operational absenteeism to ensure full and accurate labour resource requirements are formed on a daily basis and adjusted as required
Key skills required:
- Well-organised and highly analytical with a sound knowledge of the principles of warehouse operations/production and employee resource planning function
- Able to create effective rosters
- Knowledge of tracking and reporting costs
- Customer-focussed with excellent communication skills
- Organised and the ability to prioritise workload to ensure that all deadlines are hit
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Confident problem solver and decision maker
- Skilled in data manipulation and modelling
- PC literate with exceptional Excel knowledge
- The role will require you to be flexible in regards to hours as it is a 24/7 operation and especially at peak times - Christmas/Easter/Bank Holidays. Occasional weekend work will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year
Job Location: Waltham Cross
Required experience: Warehouse/production resource planning - imperative: 3 years
Required licence or certification: Full