Capital Projects Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Capital Projects Manager
South coast - Dorset
Extensive FMCG / Food production experience
This role will lead the development of the Manufacturing site masterplan, capital investment plan and execution of assigned capital projects. The Capital Projects Manager will be part of the Site Management Team and will manage the development and implementation of the capital project programme. The successful individual will work closely with the Group Head of Capital Programme, to ensure that the Site projects comply with the business capital process and technical standards.
Key accountabilities include:
• Progress projects from concept to brief so that design and costs can be sought from internal or external project engineer (with guidance from Head of Capital Programme)
• Prepare and submit capital proposals for assigned projects
• Manage assigned capital projects safely to successful handover to production on time & in budget
• Manage contractors to agreed performance metrics
• Ensure all capital projects comply with company engineering standards and are managed to safe outcomes and GMP standards
• Prepare accurate and timely inputs for site capital projects to annual capital budget process and period and quarterly capital reviews
• Liaise with Head of Capital Programme for guidance on technical elements and to ensure site projects are represented in the JRC capital process and trade offs
You will have significant experience of capital projects from initial feasibility through to successful implementation within a FMCG production environment, ideally within the food industry. Specifically some experience and expertise in packing machinery would be an advantage. This will have included management of projects in the order of c£1m value and above. Recognised engineering qualification – ideally relevant degree and attained chartered status from a recognised Engineering body.
You will have worked in an environment that has Health & Safety as a high priority. You will also have experience of engaging operational teams in capital project implementation and ideally have worked in an operational role (e.g. manufacturing/maintenance). You will be an experienced project manager with good knowledge of project management techniques.
Strong team ethics, personal energy and a flexible approach are essential qualities for this role.
Interested? Apply now!
Apply for Capital Projects Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly