Our client is a long established, innovative business producing and importing a diverse range of fruit and vegetables for freezing and processing.
- Ensuring the quality and safety of product being picked, allocated, packed and dispatched is of correct specification, if not discuss options for improvement with team to then meet the customers requirements.
- Line management of the QC team
- Working alongside the Farm and Packhouse operational teams to ensure product is to specification and dispatched on time
- Working alongside the finance team to ensure profitability of decisions taken
- Working with the Operations Manager Farm and Packhouse Operations Manager to ensure profitability of the packing function within the Packhouse
- Be actively involved in daily stock allocation
- Review stock being sent to market to ensure it is ‘market quality’
- Active participation in visits and audits including retailers, BRC and other company representatives
- Ensure compliance with site operating procedures, system and manuals to meet our company and customer requirements, including BRC, PIU etc.
Candidates should have previous experience of a similar role in the fresh produce industry. The role will involve working out in fields as well as packhouse so candidates should be able to cope with both environments.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.