Project Engineering Manager
Position: Project Engineering Manager
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Reporting to Projects & Commercialisation Director, this position is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple capital projects of significant value from the evaluation through implementation stages. You will be responsible for working with stakeholder teams to deliver reliable solutions employing performance based technical specifications, procurement, FAT's, installation, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance and improvement of packaging machinery and manufacturing support systems.
- Preparation of final CAAPs in accordance with best practice procedures. Monitor implementation of capital projects to ensure that projects are completed as planned and that approved funds are properly spent to deliver the specified IRR % results. Perform post-installation audits, reconcile financial metrics, and share key learnings for future project improvements.
- Coordinates the selection, design, and layout of processing and packaging machinery to ensure efficiency, reliability, optimum space utilization and adequate production capacity. On an ongoing basis, initiate design changes and modifications to further improve machine efficiency, facilitate packaging design changes and cost reductions.
- Provide technical leadership of cross functional project teams to resolve technical and other challenges that develop during project execution. Seek out opportunities to coach and mentor team members on technical competencies and understanding.
- Work with manufacturing and maintenance partners to provide technical support in the design, development, purchase, installation, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance and improvement of packaging machinery and support systems. Provide technical support periodically until improvement results are successfully sustained.
- Evaluate, develop, document and implement cost reduction projects and deliver on key targets.
- BSc in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical preferred).
- Technical experience in a multi-disciplinary environment driving improvement in process, supply chain, packaging, control systems and plant utilities.
- Experience in GMP food manufacturing, packaging & processing equipment.
- Experience and proven success in delivering multiple / simultaneous projects and programs.
- Risk Assessment skills with Project Management certification or MBA.
- Knowledge of lean improvement tools.
- Ability to manage complex multi-site projects up to $10M in value.
- Ability to strategically lead, coach, inspire and motivate employees at all levels of the organization. Specifically, ability to give technical leadership to other members of the team.
- Negotiation skills - work with vendors, state agencies, regulatory bodies and leadership on compliance, performance specifications, technician training and successfully deliver capital projects.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,800 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.