This manufacturer of ambient foods now have an opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to head up the technical team in this exciting opportunity. You will be responsible to help drive the team’s performance, focusing on improving systems and procedures.
- Technical Manager based in Suffolk, in the role you will manage all aspects of the technical function taking responsibility for the QMS systems, coordination of non-conformance and actions whilst ensuring high food safety and hygiene standards are achieved as common practice throughout the site.
- Reporting to the Head of Operations you will be an integral part of the site management team, overseeing all technical areas and managing a small team.
- You will provide technical advice in an effective and timely fashion and make permanent recommendations throughout the business, taking a continuous improvement approach to problem solving.
- It would be advantageous to this role that the successful candidate has an understanding of the manufacturing process enabling you to develop short to medium term continuous performance improvement strategies, covering efficiency and quality across the full operations function.
Skills / Experience:
- Proven success in a similar technical role within the food industry holding a food science qualification preferably to degree level.
- Experience/qualification in food safety tools such as HACCP, risk assessment or crisis management.
- Experience of managing internal & external audit processes and requirements.
- Proven track record of supplier management.
- Experience and knowledge of BRC.
- Knowledge of UK legislation.
- As this is a management role you will have had previous line management responsibility for a high performing team.