Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded players.
Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and employs circa 4,100 staff.
Refresco UK based Bridgwater , Somerset, UK employs 850 people and we run four factories producing circa 700 million litres per annum, our target is a billion litres. We work with retailers including Tesco & ASDA to produce their private labels and branded customers such as Innocent Smoothies and Ocean Spray.
About the Role
As Buyer you will work in the Purchasing Department, report to and support the Purchasing Manager (UK Business Unit), with the administration and procurement of materials and services for the Refresco UK Business Unit.
You will begin in the role by learning all aspects of procurement covering raw materials and non-raw material areas for the business (such as IT, Company Cars, Travel, Office Equipment) which should lead to sole responsibility for the procurement of a raw material group.
Your key tasks & duties:
- Manage packaging Service Level Agreements and report on supplier performance.
- Deal with invoice discrepancies.
- Assist in the creation of purchase orders as directed by the purchasing manager & request discounts and alternative supplier quotations as appropriate.
- Work with packaging development and quality control to ensure the claims on the supplier for none conforming packaging materials are appropriately closed via receipt of credit or issue of debit.
- Maintain supplier price lists against monthly changing commodity indices.
- Provide up to date information on customer contracts, sales forecasts, stocks and contract balances from all parts of the globe which will assist the Purchasing Managers in their decision making.
- The Buyer must ensure that new product development is monitored and any potential impact on future material requirements is identified to the Purchasing Managers. Materials must always be available for new product launches.
- The Buyer, working closely with the Purchasing Managers, will be involved in providing samples of materials, costs and details of supply.
- Provide weekly status reports to all interested parties (Commercial, Technical, New Product Development, Planning, Purchasing, and Production) on new materials or revised specifications, in order to identify priorities and agree next steps.
- The Buyer will raise supplier contracts, have them approved by the Purchasing Managers and issue them to the suppliers.
This role will suit a recent Graduate with a commercially oriented degree subject such as business studies, economics, buying & merchandising or similar.
You will have high energy, fantastic communication skills, you will be a quick learner, fast at thinking on your feet and an ability to absorb high levels of detail and recall the facts and figures as and when you require them particularly within a negotiating scenario. Even when asked to deliver work at short notice you must be able to deal with many different scenarios with confidence whilst also keeping your other tasks and duties progressing smoothly.
Experience of working within an FMCG / Food & Beverage Production environment (even as an Intern) will be an advantage.