Title: Technical Manager Location: South Wales
Type: Permanent Ref: 883079
Our client is a Grade AA BRC accredited business, truly passionate about the food products they produce. Operating within a niche market, they manufacture on behalf of some key brands in their market sector. They are embarking on an exciting period of change across the business and are looking for an ambitious individual to drive the company forward from a technical perspective.
As part of the senior management team you will lead the technical function of the site ensuring compliance of legislative requirements, relevant industry standards and customer codes of practice.
In the longer term this role presents ongoing developmental opportunities and challenges in terms of upskilling and succession planning of the team together with the further development of the technical function to ensure it is aligned to the growth of the company.
- Manage the technical standards across the site to ensure food safety, legality and quality standards are met at all times
- To interface with external bodies with regards to customer and 3rd party audits and follow up any non-conformances in a timely manner
- Overall responsibility for Quality Management System and HACCP
- Responsible for implementing and enhancing systems and methods for driving continuous improvement in quality and food safety standards throughout the business.
- Carry out gap analyses against all customer standards / audit protocols, including BRC, integrate changes into the QMS and implement as necessary
- Takes factory lead in product assurance issues - (e.g. micro, GM issues, complaints)
- Provide technical leadership across the site and act as communications route to and from colleagues for technical issues in the factory
- To ensure that customers systems for specification management are maintained
- Knowledge of preparing product specifications would be advantageous
This role will suit an ambitious, robust individual who is proactive in their approach and is looking for a role that will continue to grow. You will need:
- A proven track record of achievement at a similar level in a food manufacturing environment
- The ability to work hands on, be able to prioritise and delegate tasks as necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive changes and a “can do” attitude