Site Engineering Manager
This job has now expired
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Engineering professional to join the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at Allied Bakeries Flagship Site in West Bromwich. Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Site Engineering Manager has full responsibility for all aspects of the Engineering function and, as a member of the SLT, has a significant role to play in the overall management of the site. The ability to build and motivate cross-functional teams, the ability to effectively use Continuous Improvement techniques to drive operational improvements and the experience and skills to manage and/or contribute to large investment projects will be pre-requisites for the successful candidate.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Leading and motivating the Site Engineering function such that it delivers world-class standards and best-in-class operational performance whilst meeting budgetary requirements.
- Driving a H&S agenda which contributes to a step-change improvement in functional and site safety performance.
- As a member of the SLT, contributing to the effective management of the site as a whole and helping to create an environment which encourages cross-functional teamwork as well as individual responsibility.
- Acting as the site custodian of engineering standards and ensuring that the site complies with all relevant legal and corporate requirements.
- Playing a key role in the delivery of Capital Investment Projects (using AB Project Management Guidelines) through effective leadership and/or close liaison with external parties.
- Building capability across the site such that individuals can adapt to the current and future expectations of the business.
Skills / Experience
Of graduate calibre, preferably with a degree in Engineering, you will be a dynamic, forward-thinking individual who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role. Ideally, you will have worked within a commercially challenging FMCG/Food Manufacturing environment and will have comprehensive experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems and demonstrable evidence of the successful implementation of progressive maintenance and continuous improvement techniques. You will have the strength of character to influence key stakeholders and a track record of successfully delivering Capital Projects.